Saturday 6 August 2011

It's been a CHIC week!

I just wanted to share my terribly chic week!  Ordinarily I can be found happily shopping locally in the boutiques and chain stores.


This week I had two fabulous shopping experiences and one was extraordinarily fabulous!


After years of lusting after the coveted and classic Cartier Love Bracelet, my darling husband took me for a visit to the Cartier boutique in Melbourne.  It took just fifteen short minutes for my wrist to become adorned with the 18K yellow gold Love Bracelet, all locked and ready to rock any and all of my looks for the rest of my life!


The opportunity to engrave was suggested by my sweet husband but after that final screw was locked in place, I knew that this little baby will NEVER again be removed from  my person.


Cartier, being Cartier, do not discuss price.  The bracelet came with a certificate of authenticity, a gorgeous velvet jewellery box and of course, it's screwdriver.


LOVE!



I took a trip to Zara in the Bourke Street Mall this week.  It was my first visit since the store opened this year.


I visited the Sydney Zara in May this year and was decidedly unimpressed.  So many of the exact pieces that I cited in France, Italy and Dubai last year were hanging on the racks many months after I had first seen them.


I am happily here to report that Zara Melbourne is the very same Zara that I fell in love with last year in Europe.  The store is overloaded with on-trend, classic fashion for girls and women of all ages.  The prices are on par with the European stores and I absolutely had a ball!


Arrived at 11am in the morning.  The store was busy but not hectic.  I was able to select 4 items (all in my size!), get to the change rooms (the gorgeous Zara girls entertained my kids) and pay within 20 minutes.  This would be quicker than some of my experiences in Zara overseas!  When I left the store, it was starting to get hectic.


Tip: Shop before 11.30am in the morning!


My finds?  The classic Zara double breasted blazer in white, as seen on Pippa Middleton in cobalt.  I also purchased the trend of the moment snakeskin in 3/4 capri pants.  My two favourite purchases are pictured below: Striking blue suede kitten heels (you better not dare step on my blue suede shoes!) and the colour-blocking metal belt...just as on trend as one can get but with a classic, tran-seasonal twist.


I'll be making a stop to Zara every four weeks..the next time being during the Vogue Fashion's Night Out in Sydney on 8 September.  


ZARA?  LOVE!




No comments:

Post a Comment