Sunday 28 August 2011

Spring Festival!

The on trend look of the moment "festival" is all about strutting the streets as if you are en route to Glastonbury or Lollapalooza.

I love the festival trend.  But as I am not an 18 year old secretly applying Clearasil & my Cover Girl bronzer in between sipping Strongbow with my girlfriends, I need to adapt this look into an age appropriate form.


I always like the idea of mixing different outfits with the same accessories.  I maximise my accessory investments and I rarely ever buy a "trendy" item. I see the festival trend as a way to feminine up my look and have some fun with short length dresses & shorts, of course, distracted with fabulous shoes & jewels.


Here are my favourite festival trend finds and they are highly unlikely to be found on any actual festival attendee except perhaps if your name is Kate Moss or Kate Hudson!


The necklace, bag & shoes looks fabulous with the cut offs & silk shirt.  They look equally as fabulous with the cheap and cheerful Carmen dress from Sportsgirl (this is one that I could not resist purchasing myself!).


I recommend a visit to online stars Asos, Topshop, Forever New & Sportsgirl for the clothes.  The trick to the festival look is to spend on the accessories and save on the trend...it stops a 30+ woman looking like a tragic fashion victim.


Oh...and one final piece of advice: If you are 30+ and larger than a size 8, do not EVER wear short denim shorts under ANY circumstance! Steer clear, also, of any dress length that has you questioning whether your privates are flashing when you bend over to pick up your child's dummy..or whatever!
Alkemie 7 coin necklace (from my own collection) purchased from Husk Toorak

Cleobella Tiva small Zuni bag @ Shopbop approx $330

Pepe Jeans denim shorts $109.95 @ Asos

Stylestalker Blouse $169.95

Wide brim fedora @ Asos $18.95 (on sale)

Carmen Dress @ Sportsgirl $89.95
"SPLURGE!!" Chanel tan wedges @ Chanel boutique - POA



No comments:

Post a Comment