Thursday 1 September 2011

Perfect Complexion

I'd love to share my skin & make-up must-haves.


I'm in my mid-thirties and desperate to fight off any visible signs of ageing!  Over the years (and there have now been quite a few), I have tried many different products from the entire spectrum of price range (think 'Simple' to La Prairie).


I have had a few facials recently and have been rather shocked at each therapist who informs me that my skin is in wonderful condition and weathered well for "my age".  Lately, others have been commenting and I have an answer for everyone: La Mer.


I switched to La Mer Gel De La Mer 6 months ago.  I also started using La Mer The Eye Concentrate.  And....WOW!!!  I have combination skin but I also break out if anything is too heavy.  Many moisturisers are too rich for my skin - the Creme de La Mer is to heavy.  The Gel, however, is perfect.  And as for The Eye Concentrate?  Hello early 30's and goodbye bags & fine lines :)


Gel De La Mer available at David Jones nationally 

La Mer The Eye Concentrate available at David Jones nationally 
 I also use Philosophy 'the supernatural' airbrush canvas mineral powder (15+ SPF). Underneath, I use a Primer (Nars Pore Refining).  These products combined give a naked feel to the face but with the coverage of a foundation...just with a natural look & feel to the face.  I pop on a Chanel bronzer, a Nars blush (in the massively popular Orgasm) and I use the cheap & cheerful (but very effective) Maybelline Great Length Mascara.  I usually finish off with Chanel lipstick in Cambon (of course).  I am not a huge fan of eyeshadow and eyeliner but I do own Dior & Witchery (very good if I may say so) eyeshadows & a Chanel eyeliner pencil.

and then...I'm at work, playing on the weekend or enjoying the evening...voila!

Always remember ladies - remove your make-up before going to bed and always moisturise & apply eye cream morning & night.  An application twice a day keeps the botox away!

xx
Philosophy 'the supernatural' airbrushed canvas mineral powder available nationally from Mecca Cosmetica

Nars Pore Refining Primer available nationally from Mecca Cosmetica



No comments:

Post a Comment